Yes. One of TBA's main objectives is to increase the patronage of bus and coach services by 15% by 2020.
No. TBA supply inspections etc. for a range of areas including:
- spare parts
- flashing lights
- fire extinguisher servicing
Any person can become a member. Please complete the member application formand forward to the Association office.
For up to date contact information please see our Contact page
Read through the conditions and then complete the application form
The Tasmanian Bus Association aim to:
- Protect the ongoing viability of the Tasmanian Bus Industry.
- Develop and implement policies that improve the efficiency and professionalism of the Tasmanian Bus Industry.
- Provide assistance and advice to bus operators on issues which will impact on their business
- Promote industry unity and professionalism.
- Stimulate employment opportunities and job security within the industry by encouraging sustainable growth of business.
We are a strong and committed Association: “Sell it to Yourself”
Promote the Tasmanian bus industry in partnership with Government, as an important element to ensuring the future sustainability of Tasmania’s land transport system in providing Tasmanian communities a viable and alternative travel choice to the car, and ensure services meet the mobility requirements of all in the community
The annual inspection scheme is designed to reduce the number of mandatory bus inspections from twice (2) yearly, to yearly (1) for all operators and bus fleets within Tasmania.
Approved operators must notify DIER on 6233 5396 when they replace or sell a vehicle previously used under the Scheme to an operator not approved to the Scheme. Vehicles transferring to operators NOT approved to the Scheme DO NOT continue on an annual inspection interval.
Yes. TBA Services Pty Ltd has two of the most technically advanced portable brake and suspension testing units in Australia. TBA solely focuses on vehicle inspection, therefore the TBA services have eliminated the necessity to specify unnecessary work on vehicles, making the services thorough and professional.
Yes. TBA plan to have future growth in these areas:
- remove school owned buses
- modern buses for all services
- better rates
- better off site services, support infrastructure
- better public education
- control of own destiny
- strong partnerships with other associations
- extended value for membership
- formation of industry advisory group (PT)
Achiever of the Year